Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday Mail

Friday is here again and is supposed to be bringing with it some sunshine and hot weather for the weekend and the 2010 Missouri State Championship Road Race on Sunday, May 23rd in St. Genevieve.  And, you've got one more week to prepare for the Pedaler's Jamboree weekend bicycle and music festival which begins next weekend.  Everyone keep thinking happy thoughts for good weather so that the campground in Booneville will be dried out by next Saturday night...otherwise, we're all going to have swamp-ass come Sunday morning for a long ride home.

And after a drama-filled week in pro racing, I think we are most certainly ready for some Friday mail!

Dear PooBah-
I was really excited to see 'Pippo' Pozzato take a stage win in the Giro yesteday.  As you know, Pozzato is very religious and also very tattooed and even has the words "Only God Can Judge Me" written across his back.
I've noticed that relgious-themed tattoos are not uncommon in the peloton.  But I'm curious - do you have a favorite?
Yours-
Michael S.

Michael-
Well.....rumor has it that the Tour de France devil (Dedi Senft) has a rather un-holy tattoo himself....I cannot confirm that this is it, but an inverted cross made out of strips of bacon over his ass-crack wouldn't be that far of a stretch - eh?

Dear PooBah,
I hear that the current bearer of the Maglia Rosa in the Giro, Saxo Bank's Richie Porte, actually has a cranium that is 60% larger than the average human head.  Do you think this is even possible?
Thanks!
Albert G.

Dear Albert,
It would certainly explain something I witnessed at the jersey ceremony yesterday...I just hope they allowed his mom to have a C-section when he was born.

Dear PooBah,
I just built myself a seatless fixie as a training bike to increase my leg strength.  But going downhill is a little risky....especially when I try to maintain an aero position that will also protect me against the risk of 'endo-ing.'  Can you take a look at my position on the bike and tell me if you think this will work?
Thanks so much
Charles D.

Chuck-
Three words, dude....imminent scrote burn.....
I also see that you're not wearing a helmet....is this the reason?

Dear PooBah,
The 2012 Summer Olympics are just around the corner in my home town of London!  I'm so excited, I can hardly stand it.  With the new emergence of so many British cycling phenoms (like Cavendish) to hit the scene, I think we really have a chance to clean up on our own home turf.  What do you think?
Cheers!
Alistair G.

Alistair,
I've been trying to keep up with the forthcoming Olympic news, and honestly couldn't agree more with your predictions of the UK cycling squad's chances.  After all, the recently unveiled mascots for the Britain-based games are giant one-eyed monsters....which fit perfectly with Cav's persona.

Dear PooBah,
I just got myself a Surly Cross Check to try cyclocross this season.  I've been practicing my mounts and dismounts, but am damn sore in the groinal region.  Do you have any advice?
Thanks
Jasper K.

Jasper,
I'm definitely not the right man to be asking - since I too will be a complete cross newb this year. But right off the bat, I might suggest trying some shorts that were NOT part of your 7th grade basketball team's uniform from 1984.

Dear PooBah,
I recently took a bad spill on my mountain bike and scraped up my hip a little bit. But my tush really took the brunt of the fall.  I took a bunch of photos of the damage and am enclosing one for your review....Do you think these will leave scars?
Thanks!
Laura C.

Laura-
Hmmmm.  Tough to say.  I know the other pictures may be pretty gruesome to see - but you better send them to me so I can make a better assessment.

Have a great weekend everyone.  Ride safe.

CCPB

No comments:

Post a Comment